|Whole Wheat Banana Bread Mini Muffins|
Adapted from Cookie and Kate's recipe
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil (vegetable oil works as well)
- 1/2 cup raw local honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, plus more to swirl on top
- 1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup hot water
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) and grease your mini muffin pan (I used my nonstick pan so I didn't have to grease).
2. In a large bowl, beat the oil and honey together.
3. Add the eggs and beat well.
4. Stir in bananas and vanilla, then stir in the salt and cinnamon. Lastly, stir in the flour, just until combined. At this point you can also add in nuts or raisins if you wish.
5. Add baking soda to hot water, stir to mix, and then add to batter.
6. Pour batter into your pan.
7. Sprinkle with cinnamon, and swirl with a toothpick for a pretty marbled effect (optional).
8. Bake for 12 minutes, or until tops of muffins spring back when poked with your finger. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
9. Remove muffins from the pan and enjoy!
After the mini muffins were all baked and cooled, I put them on display in my cake stand so that David can see them when he grabs his keys and remember to pick up a few muffins before heading out the door.
These are great as is, but a little bit of cream cheese (I use this non-dairy cream cheese) and honey really takes them over the top. I bet they'd be great with peanut butter, jelly, butter, nutella, or just about anything else you can think of!
This post shared with TALU